Monday, January 15, 2007

Critical Mass

Okay, I've said this before, but this time I mean it: I need to lose some weight and I'm going to lose some weight. And I'm going to start right now. I don't care how sedentary my life has become now that I'm working a desk job rather than doing landscape construction. No more excuses. I'm already looking forward to biking and running this summer and I want to be ready by spring rather than blow out my knees and ankles because they can't bear my weight. So here's my goal: Lose a minimum of 20 pounds. I haven't weighed myself for a while, but last time I did I was right around 200 lbs. That's too much even if I were doing the landscape construction. So I figure if I incorporate a lot of exercise, 175 to 180 would be a reasonable weight for me. That's where I was about a year and a half ago, and it felt pretty damn good.

As far as a date goes, I'm going to make this happen by the beginning of April. That's plenty of time to lose the weight in healthy fashion so I can keep it off.

The worst part of this won't be giving up food (although I'll sorely miss my Chicago-style hot dogs from the Bulldog), it'll be giving up beer. If I thought I could lose weight without giving up beer, I'd do it. But I've tried that too many times to count. It just doesn't happen. So I'm giving up the beer now so I can enjoy one or two come summer time.

This is really going to suck. But for fun I'll post updates here. You, my massive readership (right!) will keep me accountable just by reading. Oh yeah, it's that simple. I can already feel the pounds melting away.

Or maybe that's just the early onset of the sweat of anxiety and withdrawl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home