Friday, January 19, 2007

Playing the Percentages

It's day five of the diet and already there have been some nice ups and downs; good days and bad days; victories and defeats. I'm using this website called FitDay to monitor what I eat, and it's pretty interesting (read: unpleasant) to see my caloric intake pie-graphed out on the bad days. Yesterday, for example, I gave in to temptation and had a few beers at band practice. I didn't go crazy, but even those few beers, when added to my running total of carbs and fat and protein and alcohol (the site gives alcohol its own classification because it's so detrimental to physical health in general and weight loss in particular) really screwed things up. At the end of the day my caloric intake broke down thusly: food carbs - 55%, alcohol - 19%, protein - 15%, and fat - 11%. On one hand, it's nice to see I conosumed more protein calories than fat calories, but not so great to see that I consumed more alcohol calories than protien. I can't imagine what the proportion would be like after a weekend bender. Yikes.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out FitDay recently too...depressing, but helpful. And I've also been trying to take the alcohol out of my diet - it's like a good friend moving away (you really miss them at first, but then you get used to it, and you just have fond memories...and you still get in touch once in a while). Good luck!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Chadley said...

I like that analogy, Strats. This past weekend wasn't a good one from a food and beer standpoint. It all started with the company holiday part on Friday night and went downhill from there. But I'm back on track today.

Started the house hunting yet? Let me know when you want me to find you and Pete a house in my 'hood and I'll get on it.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I logged into this FitDay that you speak of. The charts always depress me, since they always tell me that I'm grossly overweight. I'm legitimately big-boned, dagnabbit!

But it is nice to know how much weight I'm going to have to lose per week to get to where I want to be.

Here's to Project Svelte! I'll drink to that! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home