Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Good News/Bad News

The good news is that I weighed myself for the first time this morning since embarking on Project Svelte and I'm not as heavy as I feared I might be. I'm at 196 and change. The bad news is that compared to the last time I weighed 196 my body fat percentage is probably significantly higher. After all, back then I was coming of three years of construction work. Now I'm almost a year into a desk job, and the heaviest thing I lift these days is a pint of beer. Well, that's not totally true . . . sometimes I order the thirty-two-ouncer, which is twice as heavy. Come to think of it, I did that a couple times last night (so much for giving up beer altogether, I guess), so I was probably a little dehydrated this morning, too. And that's always a good way to cheat the scale. So perhaps the good news isn't really all that good. But you know what? Screw it. I'm going to enjoy not being as tubby as I thought I was whether it's fully legitimate or not. The luck I'm having with with women these days, I could use a little positivity.

Only 21 pounds to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home